With each day that passes, the need to transition away from fossil fuels grows more urgent. as climate change bears down on us in Washington and around the world.
Join us on Tuesday to tell Washington lawmakers that we need to transition to 100% clean, fossil-free energy!
What: 100% Clean hearing (SB6253)
When: Tuesday, Jan. 23rd, 10 a.m.
Where: Public hearing in the Senate Committee on Energy, Environment & Technology, Cherberg Building, Washington State Capitol in Olympia
RSVP: Please RSVP to [email protected]. At the hearing, you can sign in “in support” (very helpful!). Ttalkhere may or may not be time for actual testimony.
Here are some key points about the bill:
- Clean energy investments have contributed to over 100,000 jobs, avoided carbon emissions of nearly 1 million automobiles, and have conserved 1.2 billion gallons of water.
- As we increase transportation electrification, it is critical that we do not trade one fossil fuel for another and increase greenhouse gas emissions from our electric system.
- Going forward, this bill would require that all new investments in energy resources be fossil-free
clean, prioritizing energy efficiency, demand response, storage, renewable energy and other solutions to reduce carbon on the grid.
- The policy would also phase out coal by 2030, and require it be replaced by fossil-free resources.
- If passed, this policy would result in a 100% carbon reduction for electricity by 2045, creating a clean grid for electrifying our transportation sector
Please consider joining us on Tuesday! The time to act is now.