[job description updated 01/11/19]
Climate Solutions is seeking a detail-oriented, self-driven, part time Database Assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate has some experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases and loves to import, clean up, and organize data. This position supports the entire organization by inputting contact, transaction and engagement data into the database, building contact reports, executing list pulls, providing ongoing data quality control, and acting as a backup gift processor as needed.
Climate Solutions is on an Equity journey looking at racism, sexism, and other forms of oppression in our work and in the community. The ideal candidate for this position should demonstrate experience in forwarding this work within a professional context.
As a Northwest-based nonprofit, Climate Solutions' mission is to accelerate clean energy solutions to the climate crisis. Since 1998, Climate Solutions has pioneered the vision of a thriving, equitable Northwest, powered by clean energy, inspiring the transition to sustainable prosperity across the country and beyond. We are at the forefront of globally significant campaigns to make the Northwest the first region in the country to sustainably and equitably transition to 100% clean energy. Climate Solutions advances local, regional, and national action on climate and clean energy through championing transformational policies and market-based innovations; catalyzing powerful partnerships and a diverse movement for action and accountability; and communicating a bold vision for solutions at the scale required by climate science. For more information about Climate Solutions, visit www.climatesolutions.org.
The position is non-exempt position based in our Seattle office with the possibility of working remotely on a regular basis. The position is 20 hours per week, with additional hours added at high volume times. Work schedule will vary and is negotiable. The position is supervised by the Database and Engagement Systems Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter and import data into Salesforce.
- De-duplicate and clean up records, including investigation of record accuracy.
- Ensure all information and records are accurate and confidential.
- Incorporate Climate Solutions’ Equity, Diversity and Inclusion commitments (available here) and Climate Solutions’ values (available here) into all aspects of the job.
- Meet staff reporting deadlines for program, development, and administrative tasks.
- Provide backup administrative and fundraising data entry support.
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Salesforce or other CRM database skills.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Fast, efficient data entry skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with employees in different roles and with varying skill-sets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A high level of patience.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Climate Solutions.
- Understanding of equity and its role in data management.
- Ability to operate desktop computer and Microsoft Windows and Office Software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and specialized software applications in a network environment.
- One year experience in data entry
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM database
This non-exempt position is being offered at $17.00 per hour plus medical, dental, vacation, sick and safe leave. Retirement benefits begin after 3 months of continuous service.
· Email a résumé, cover letter and at least three professional reference contacts in PDF format to [email protected].
· Please put DATABASE ASSISTANT as the subject line of the email and address the cover letter to Ariana Rundquist, Database and Engagement Systems Manager.
· Please label the cover letter and resume with your last name.
· In the body of the email, please let us know how you found out about the position.
· The position will remain open until filled.
Climate Solutions is committed to equal opportunity in employment and promotion for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, pregnancy and childbirth, family responsibilities, or any other basis protected by applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines relating to discrimination in employment.