The position provides accounts receivable services to the organization.
As a Northwest-based nonprofit, Climate Solutions' mission is to accelerate clean energy solutions to the climate crisis. Since 1998, Climate Solutions has pioneered the vision of a thriving, equitable Northwest, powered by clean energy, inspiring the transition to sustainable prosperity across the country and beyond. Climate Solutions advances local, regional, and national action on climate and clean energy through championing transformational policies and market-based innovations; catalyzing powerful partnerships and a diverse movement for action and accountability; and communicating a bold vision for solutions at the scale required by climate science. For more information about Climate Solutions, visit www.climatesolutions.org.
This is a part time, temporary position averaging about 25 hours per week. The position begins now and ends on September 20, 2019. We will be looking for someone who can commit to that whole time. The position is located in Seattle and supervised by the Operations Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general bookkeeping tasks, particularly accounts receivable, donations, processing credit cards, deposits, and data entry into Quickbooks.
- Organize and maintain agency’s accounts receivable records.
- Work closely with development team on donations and other program managers on invoicing and other forms of income.
- Back up Interim Finance Manager in accounts payable and payroll
- Track and document agency contracts
- Maintain books in an ethical, legal and transparent manner, according to general accounting practices.
- Incorporate Climate Solutions’ Equity, Diversity and Inclusion commitments and Climate Solutions’ values (available here) into all aspects the job.
- Meet staff reporting deadlines for program, development, and administrative tasks.
- Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic Principles and practices of accounting for a nonprofit agency.
- Basic records keeping systems.
- Quickbooks software application.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Climate Solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain high levels of patience and persistence with a variety of personalities.
- Perform basic bookkeeping operations.
- Maintain records keeping systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of business records and other information.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform several tasks simultaneously and maintain accuracy of information.
- Work with a high level of detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to the complex understanding of racial justice and the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our systems. Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture.
- Ability to operate desktop computer and Microsoft Windows and Office Software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and specialized software applications in a network environment
1 year of experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
This is a part time, temporary position with the rate starting at $18.00 per hour annually with sick and safe leave and paid holidays.
- Email a résumé, cover letter and at least three professional reference contacts in PDF format to [email protected].
- Please put BOOKKEEPER as the subject line of the email and address the cover letter to Conner-Bennett Sharpe, Operations Director
- Please label the cover letter and resume with your last name.
- In the body of the email, please let us know how you found out about the position.
- The position will remain open until filled.
Climate Solutions is committed to equal opportunity in employment and promotion for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, pregnancy and childbirth, family responsibilities, or any other basis protected by applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines relating to discrimination in employment.