Cities are responsible for 70% of all global greenhouse gas emissions, therefore reducing carbon emissions in cities is critical to solving the climate crisis. Climate Solutions’ New Energy Cities program works with the small- to medium-sized Northwest communities to achieve significant greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. By working with communities to set and attain quantifiable carbon reduction targets for buildings, transportation, and power supply, we are catalyzing replicable models of city-led clean energy innovation.
The New Energy Cities program is catalyzing pioneering communities to take charge of their energy future and drive investment toward a clean, renewable, super-efficient energy system that generates significant local economic development. We target small- to medium-sized cities and communities that can benefit from our expertise. The criteria for choosing the communities we work with are:
- Major political leaders are involved and committed to bold leadership
- Clean energy investment is a top economic development priority for the community
- Key local private sector leaders willing to collaborate on a sustainable energy strategy
- Local utility companies willing to engage and collaborate
- A community with an appetite for clean energy leadership
We offer expertise in city-level carbon reduction program design, policy, finance, as well as in sustainability strategies and 21st century energy systems.