It's Thanksgiving week – and time for us to say thank you to our supporters and allies. Because of you, the Northwest continues its leadership on climate and clean energy.
"The challenge to create a sustainable economy is global – and requires a global response – but I know the Northwest can show the way."
Those words from Nike’s Hannah Jones, who joined us at Climate Solutions 6th Annual Dinner, highlight that Oregon and Washington are poised to create better jobs, cleaner air and clean energy choices for our region.
We are ready to move from pollution to prosperity. Working together we can align climate and clean energy solutions from California to British Columbia and drive momentum across the nation and globe.
We have some big fights ahead of us. We’re lucky to have you in our corner.
Last Thursday night we exceeded our goal of $85,000 for our Annual Dinner, raising over $100K dedicated to securing full implementation of Oregon’s Clean Fuels Program and working to transition Oregon from coal to clean energy while building the groundwork for going big on economy-wide climate solutions.
With your continued support we will seize the enormous opportunities in front of us and achieve a truly ambitious agenda. It will require a herculean effort and leadership from business, labor, public health, communities of color, environmental groups, youth and faith organizations – partnerships like we’ve never seen before and the creation of a movement that reflects the changing nature of our state, region and nation. We have momentum, leadership, and #climateleadership, including yours.
If you weren’t able to attend the Dinner, there is still an opportunity to support this work. Please consider a contribution today.
We would also like to thank the following climate heroes who made our 6th Annual Dinner a success:
- Hannah Jones - Chief Sustainability Officer and Vice President of Innovation Accelerator @ NIKE, Inc.
- Reverend Kathleen Patton - minister and proud advocate of a healthy, coal free Northwest
- Energy Trust of Oregon, Goschie Farms, Worthy Brewing and Columbia Distributing for telling their Solution Story: Renewing Brew - produced with Sustainable Media Group.
- Thanks to our sponsors, table hosts, table captains, public officials, foundations, donors, guests and volunteers in the room.
- Andie Petkus Photography for photographing the event.
Thank you for helping Climate Solutions create a model for other regions and states, and to drive change at the national level. The time to lead is now. Thank you for leading with us.