- Lake Oswego Fair focuses on benefits of an all-electric lifestyle
by Meredith Connolly on August 22, 2023
- Reserve carbon auction raises $62.5 million in WA, shows the CCA is working as intended
by Climate Solutions on August 21, 2023
On August 9, the Department of Ecology held its first allowance reserve auction under the Climate Commitment Act, raising an additional $62.5 million for needed climate solutions across the state. This auction is a mechanism built into the CCA to stabilize costs and ensure that carbon allowances are obtainable and reasonably priced for entities covered by the CCA.
- Climate-fueled disasters strike, and climate hope perseveres
by Juan M. Muñoz Jiménez on August 17, 2023
Hawaii wildfires and the aftermath Several wildfires tore across the idyllic landscape with terrifying speed on the Hawaiian island of Maui. At least 111 people have been confirmed killed, hundreds of residents have been displaced, and the historic town of Lāhainā has been destroyed.
- Boundaries of potential Oregon Wind Energy Areas published
by Juan M. Muñoz Jiménez on August 15, 2023
- Advocates reach settlement with Avista to phase out fossil fuel subsidies, expand low-income efficiency programs
by Greer Ryan on August 4, 2023
[PRESS RELEASE] A historic settlement in a contested rate case between Oregon’s second-largest gas utility and intervening organizations will require Avista to phase out fossil fuel subsidies, dramatically expand low-income weatherization programs and restrict political spending by the gas company that undermines state climate law.
Give for a brighter future
Join our email list to learn about what we do and how to get involved.
There are no upcoming events posted at this time.